Each year we take one month and focus on missions;
- The missions we support here in the Uniited States
- The missions we support around the world
- And our mission here in Fairfield.
With our busy lives, we sometimes need a story that reminds us that simplicity leads to joy and that the opposite of poverty is not wealth, it’s discovering God’s idea of enough. And that’s why, in 2016, we chose the theme: "Step Into My Shoes".
in October of 2016, We shared about what's happening around the world and looked at how we could help. Yes, we talked about sending money and making a Faith Promise, but it was so much more than that;
- We packaged children's vitamins for Haitian Christian Outreach.
- We cut out material for shoes that we sent to Africa with Sole Hope.
- We spent an afternoon here in Fairfield helping our Shut-ins and elderly get their yards cleaned up before winter.
- We packaged 14,580 meals to send to Haiti with Lifeline Christian Mission.
- We did a One Day Serve in Indianapolis and helped out one of our mission partners, FAME.
- We collected several hundreds of pairs of shoes at our closing program and sent them to Shoeman Water Projects.
All of that happened in October of 2016 and we had over $325,000.00 promised for missions in 2017. It was a great month and we're already looking forward to next year!